On today's episode we discuss SEO: The First 6 Steps Realtors Need To Make
- Get your own website - We see most realtors use their brokers website because it’s easier in the short term. But in the long game, you don’t have any of the features you need. 1. Being able to re-market, 2. completely customize without sending an email, 3. Ability to add your own flavor and branding.
- Set up your 'Google My Business' page + Google Search Console. Setting these up are a must. Both are the first steps we suggest for businesses to take once they launch their site to start giving data to Google.
- Keyword research - You can do this by purchasing software like Back link or Ahrefs, but it may not be necessary. One trick is to go to Google and start typing in popular phrases you can come up with, then scroll down to the bottom and look at suggestions. This will tell you that other people are searching for these as well and you can create content and build links around that.
- Create Skyscraper Content - This a method that isn’t used much, and ironically we are finishing up a blog doing this exact technique. Skyscraper content is the addition to your content. So, for example, if you wrote a blog in 2016 about the best way to purchase a house and it received a lot of traffic, you could do another blog with the same topic and add to it and update. Google loves when you think about the end consumer when you create content, and updating content is very helpful.
- Start linking to other content and updating your content consistently - Reach out to other people in your area and see if you can write a blog for them. Insurance agents, roofers, etc. are great places for this. The next thing to do is make sure you are updating your blog, pictures, and descriptions consistently. This could be 1-4 times per month.
- Make sure your NAP is correct. This is your name, address, and phone number. You need to make sure that you’re consistent everywhere you put those numbers.
Aaron: [00:00:16] What we do here is we kind of dissect kind of I always see that we dissect strategies and tips and tactics for local businesses and how they can improve their online digital marketing. We are actually going to talk about SEO.
Christian: [00:01:04] So the number one thing that you need to do is to make sure you have your own Web site. And this step number one we're particularly definitely speaking to realtors because a lot of realtors use their brokers websites because it's easier in the short term.
Christian: [00:02:28] make sure that you have your phone website and make sure that you have access to the back end.
Aaron: [00:02:42] number two super important is to make sure that you get your Google My Business Page. Sometimes they can verify your business through text or phone or they will mail you something.
Christian: [00:03:32] Just do one and two and then you don't want to take care of the rest of the stuff then just do those two things and that will definitely help you not just now but in the long run as well. So number three. This is where it sort of gets more complicated but it doesn't have to be its keyword research. And you can do this by purchasing software.
Aaron: [00:05:03] I'd go into the Google search typing it in and see where they're at. And it allows you to start creating content that could be better than them so that you can beat them out on the placement.
Aaron: [00:06:20] Number four create skyscraper content. Other than just sounding really cool is cool but I like to say the word skyscraper skyscraper.
Christian: [00:07:33] Step number five here is to start linking to other content and updating your content. First you should be doing internal links so links to other pages on our website.
Christian: [00:09:48] The last step which I think actually we should have moved the step should be maybe the third step actually. Will correct that in the notes.
Aaron: [00:10:45] And this is for whenever you're building that website make sure that your website designer knows that as well like at the bottom in the footer there then that Web site also matches what's on Google which also matches what's on the other review site. This is crucial again. As Christians we probably have this is number three just because it's so important to help you rank for things right. That is the end of this episode. Again the six steps realtors need to make to their CEO going and to be consistent and do well online.