Whether you are a new restaurant or a seasoned veteran in the space, one thing is for certain, you have to market. 10 years ago businesses could get by on sponsoring the local sports team, putting out some flyers, and having friends tell their friends. As the world gets busier and more crowded, competition rises. Which means there are more places to grab food, so having a clear and strategic plan to beat the competition.
In today’s episode we are going to break down 5 Awesome Facebook Marketing Ideas for Your Restaurant.
1. User generated content. This is probably the easiest and one of the most effective ways to grow your audience and engagement on social. Who writes the best copy… the customer who loves you. You’re never going to beat Susy’s family photo talking about how she had the best experience spending time with family and eating your amazing pizza.
2. Quizzes. A fun way to have new customers try out your place is to have them take a quiz to find out which food item they may fall in love with at your place. Think about it this way, pick your top 5 favorite dishes, and based off how they answer, they are given an item to try. To sweeten the deal, offer a free appetizer or dessert when they come in.
3. VIP Messenger Bot. Create a simple Facebook messenger VIP list where people who sign up can receive special discounts, get to try new menu items before they’re released, freebies, etc. Its a great way to incentivize your most loyal customers.
4. Make some videos, yo! Show us a slo-mo version of you preparing the best dish. The goal here is to make mouths water. A quick, 15-20 second video will do here, but make sure you add a call to action at the end of your video. Whether it’s a simple “come see us today” , “mention this video to get 25% off” or “comment below to be messaged a free appetizer” It’s completely up to you, but don’t let the great video fail.
5. Use Events. Depending on your restaurant you can come up with different event ideas. Live music, trivia night, holidays themed, drink specials, dance classes… these are all great ideas to create events around. The best thing is that you can create Events on Facebook to promote them. Facebook does a great job promoting events organically and you can always put some gas to the fire by using paid ads.
What do you think about this episode? We’d love to hear from you! Share us your suggestions, comments or questions. And we’d love to include that on our next show.
Connect with us:
Hope y'all enjoyed this episode! We'll see you guys next week for another episode of The Marketing Natives!